All symposia are managed through the Pacifichem 2021 On-Line Symposium System.
- Logging into your Account for the first time
- Reviewing abstracts
- Sessioning abstracts
- Removing, withdrawing, transferring or rejecting abstracts
- Using Placeholders to enter breaks and remarks
- Adding Hosts (Session Monitors) to sessions
Organizer’s schedule for reviewing and scheduling the abstracts
- Oct 11: Presenter registration deadline – those who do not register by Oct. 11, 11:59 PM ET will be removed from the program
- Oct 24: Pacifichem Staff complete updates to the scientific program sessions to transition to all 100% virtual sessions
- Oct 25 – Nov 1: CSOs may rearrange presentations within their scheduled symposia sessions to finalize presentation schedule, presentation durations and session hosts (Pacifichem staff will notify you when the online abstract platform is open and how to make these changes)
- Nov 8: Final program scheduling notices sent to presenters
- November (TBD): Virtual platform opens for presenters to pre-record for the virtual library
- December 16 – 21: Live virtual Congress
- December 16 – January 31: Virtual Congress library of pre-recorded presentations open for viewing
Included below are answers to common questions. If you are unable to find help below, don’t hesitate to contact us for assistance.
What options exist for authors to present their work as part of the Pacifichem 2021 Congress?
The following formats will be part of the 2021 scientific program:
- Oral – Virtual: Session will be fully virtual through a virtual platform. Presenter will be presenting through the virtual platform over the internet through their own device (computer, tablet, phone).
- Poster – Virtual: Session will be fully virtual through a virtual platform. Presenter will be presenting through the virtual platform over the internet through their own device (computer, tablet, phone).
- On-demand virtual library: Pre-recorded presentation/poster uploaded to the virtual congress platform can be viewed on-demand by all congress attendees. Participation is optional for all presentations.
Is it still possible to submit late abstracts and add to the program?
Please reach out directly to symposium organizers to request consideration for a late submission.
If a presenter withdraws from an oral session, can we still move a poster presenter into the oral session to fill this space?
You may adjust your sessions in this manner while the ScholarOne platform CSO Sessioning role is open from October 25 – November 1.
What financial support does Pacifichem 2021 provide for invited speakers?
Pacifichem 2021 does not provide any direct financial support for invited speakers. It is the responsibility of the symposium organizers to provide monetary support. However, Pacifichem 2021 will provide complimentary registrations in the form of registration voucher codes for invited speakers using the following procedure:
- Two (2) complimentary registrations will be allocated per daytime half-day daytime session if sessions contains 6 or more oral presentations
- One (1) complimentary registration voucher code for less than 6 oral presentations per half-day daytime session.
- Pacifichem will email the voucher codes to the Corresponding Symposium Organizer (CSO) who then distributes them to the speakers or organizers. Voucher Codes will be distributed in the summer of 2021 to the CSO of qualified symposia.
- Voucher code allocation were made based on sessions as they were prior to update to a fully virtual congress
Can Pacifichem copy my co-organizers on all communications?
No. It is not feasible for Pacifichem Administration to copy the co-organizers or other members on the symposium organizing team in our communications. As practiced through the two proposal submission periods, it is the responsibility of each Corresponding Symposium Organizer (CSO) to manage the communications within their own organizing group. Each Pacifichem symposium is attached to a single CSO and all of our communications and system accounts are managed through the unique email address of the responsible CSO. If a CSO is unable (even temporarily) to continue managing the symposium, then the CSO has the option of recruiting one a co-organizer or a colleague to become the acting CSO. Be sure to let Pacifichem@acs.org know if there are any changes to the CSO for your symposium.
Are the symposium organizers responsible for reviewing and scheduling the abstracts submitted to their symposia?
Yes. Each symposium account is managed within the online abstract management platform by the CSO. CSOs are responsible for assigning all abstracts to sessions, arranging presentation order and duration, and designating session hosts within the online platform. CSO are also responsible for ensuring that each presenter is scheduled at the most appropriate time in the program for the presenter’s local time zone.