Early Career Chemist Travel Grants
The Sponsoring Societies of Pacifichem 2021 are making available up to 50 travel grants for chemistry professionals from developing countries within the Pacific Basin. The grants include US $2,500 to cover travel and attendance costs plus complimentary Congress registration and hotel stay.
Applicants who submitted applications in 2020 will have their application considered for the 2021 event – applicants who submitted for the 2020 period do not need to re-submit applications, however, if there are updates an applicant would like to make to their application they should email Pacifichem staff at email@example.com.
Applications for the 2021 travel grants are due no later than Monday, March 15, 2021.Submit Your Application
Pacifichem 2021 will be the eighth in the series of very successful Pacifichem Congresses. The most recent of these, Pacifichem 2015, attracted over 15,700 registrants representing 62 countries, and more than 16,000 technical papers were presented. The theme of Pacifichem 2021 is “A Creative Vision for the Future”. The Congress promotes scientific exchange in the pacific basin and will highlight recent contributions by chemical scientists that improve the quality of life in the Pacific Basin and throughout the world. It will also identify opportunities and challenges for the future. Pacifichem 2021 will provide a superb scientific program and a unique opportunity for chemistry professionals from Pacific Basin countries to meet and explore common interests and perhaps enter in to joint activities.
Symposia will be organized in the topical areas shown below.
I. Core Chemistry
- Computational & Theoretical
II. Chemistry for Global Challenges
- Chemical, Biological, and Biomedical Engineering
- Chemistry for Sustainability
- Chemistry of Energy
- Chemistry of Health Care
- Chemistry Education and Communication
- Artificial Intelligence, Big Data and Beyond
Eligible Pacific Basin Countries: Nationals of the following countries are eligible to apply for an Early Career Chemist Grant:
East Asia & Pacific: American Samoa; Cambodia; Fiji; Indonesia; Kiribati; Korea, Dem. Rep.; Laos; Malaysia; Marshall Islands; Micronesia, Fed. Sts.; Mongolia; Myanmar (Burma); Palau; Papua New Guinea; Philippines; Russia; Samoa; Solomon Islands; Thailand; Timor-Leste; Tonga; Vanuatu; and Vietnam
Americas: Argentina; Brazil; Chile; Columbia; Costa Rica; Ecuador; El Salvador; Guatemala; Honduras; Mexico; Nicaragua; Panama; Peru
South Asia: Bangladesh; Bhutan; India; Maldives; Nepal; Pakistan; Sri Lanka
1) Up to 50 Early Career Chemists will be awarded for Pacifichem 2021 each carrying a grant of US $2,500 + complimentary congress registration + complimentary hotel stay for 6 nights.
2) The closing date for receipt of application is March 15, 2021
3) Applicants must be working in any developing country that borders the Pacific Ocean [see list above].
4) Applicants must be within 10 years of their terminal educational degree and be formally employed in an educational institution, government agency, or other non- profit organization.
5) Applicants must be the principal author and presenter of a paper that has been accepted for presentation at Pacifichem 2021. [Grants are conditional upon paper submission and acceptance.]
1) Applications must be submitted through the application form.
2) In order to submit your application you will need the following documentation:
- Employment history
- A 500-1000 word abstract in a Word or PDF document.
- Curriculum vitae in a Word or PDF document that includes any chemical society membership(s) and a list of scientific publications (include papers accepted for publication but not yet in print)
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS IS 15 March 2021
Awards will be made upon recommendation from a panel of Chemistry professionals on the Pacifichem Organizing Committee. The results will be sent to applicants following the close of abstract submissions in June 2021.
Grantees will have their Pacifichem 2021 registration and hotel stay provided complimentary. The additional grant monies will be given to grantees onsite at Pacifichem 2021 and not in advance.